- Technical certification or above -OR- 6 months experience in basic troubleshooting and diagnostic support for video, voice and internet products and services -OR- current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- 6+ months customer service, help desk, or call center experience.
- 1+ years experience using a PC.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs.
- Call Center or Help Desk experience
- Preferred Associate Degree or Technical Certification in a Computer related field
- Understanding of the telecommunication industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Problem solving skills (i.e. customer complaint handling, problem identification, escalations)
- Experience with (but not limited to) ACD, trouble ticketing systems, plant record or inventory systems, software skills in business applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications and word documents
- Ability to adhere to schedule
- Illustrated diplomacy, tactfulness and empathy when dealing with customers
- Exemplified ability to defuse escalations and high tension situations
- Well-developed ability to appease customers experiencing service outages and difficulties
- Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding
- Experience going above and beyond duty to delight customers
- Must have a genuine drive for customer satisfaction and retention
- Demonstrated sales experience
Decision making and Self-Management
- Skills in troubleshooting, solving problems and root cause analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capability to manage own workload while meeting team goals and business needs of the company.
- Proven aptitude to work well in a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Desire and capability to work and make timely decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, analyze possible root causes and educate customers to perform troubleshooting
- Broad knowledge to assist customers with troubleshooting customer equipment (CPE, computers), inside wiring (IW) and using their products and services
Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proven history of working with diverse groups of people to accomplish goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to listen actively to questions and inquires from team members, help and train other team members
- Maintain confidentiality
- Positive outlook in challenging situations. Ability to present concerns in a constructive way
- Promote strong team morale and spirit
- Help others adapt to change
- Champion process improvement
- Lead by example - Self-motivated
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant TDS products and services.
- Utilize sales techniques to ensure customers are matched up with relevant TDS products.