Amazon Global Logistics Duty and Tax Product Manager Intern
This role is a 10-week entry-level internship starting in the summer of 2019.
Any supplier. Any location. Every customer on Earth.
Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) supports Amazon's strategic vision by bringing worldwide crossborder product selection at the lowest price to our customers and helping sellers and vendors (manufacturers, distributors and brand owners) navigate international trade and logistics. We design and build products and programs with a focus on customer, seller, and vendor experience, and global scalability. We're looking for exceptional product leaders to join our team.
Duty and tax (D&T) reclamation is the process under which import duty, taxes and fees paid on imported merchandise are refunded, if the goods are returned to the country of export. AGL is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Product Manager Intern in our Seattle office to help streamline our duty and tax reclamation processes.
An ideal candidate has the ability to work cross functionally across different program and product teams, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, and have excellent writing skills. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate possesses an ability to dive deep, and a bias to get things done, while delivering results. Additionally, through your internship you will be exposed to product development and the work culture at Amazon.
Responsibilities and deliverables:
* Own, deep dive for data to support a recommendation, and drive resolution for an intern project.
* Work with partner teams in compliance and legal to research requirements for filing D&T reclamation with customs authorities in CA, UK, EU.
* Create a Business Requirements doc that outlines the proposed proof of concept solution
* Identify the barriers to submitting a D&T reclamation claim and create a plan to close the gaps.
* Create a plan for automating the D&T reclamation that scales for RoW.
* Communicate program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders.
* Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross-functional teams to improve the consistency and precision of AGL services.
* Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or other data management systems.
* Submit a D&T drawback claim to CA, UK, EU as a proof of concept.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
* The position is a corporate position and will be located in Seattle, Washington
* Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2019
* Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
* Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship