By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference?Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist-Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout the Toledo, OH and surrounding areas.
To learn more about this role, watch this short video:A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us.
Mobile Phlebotomy Summary
**Needed: Previous Phlebotomy certification and or phlebotomy training/experience**
- Full Time, $15.97/hour & excellent benefits, stipends, shift/weekend differentials.
- Variable Schedule - 2 Consecutive Days Off
- Paid Training (previous phlebotomy experience is required)
- Work Schedule provided 3 weeks out
- On The Job Dress Code: Collections employees wear specific vendor provided scrubs consisting of a Red top and Black bottom. The approved scrubs are only to be ordered through the vendor website.Employees will have an annual stipend credited to his or her account effective upon hire. Information for the vendor site and login information will be provided by the department during orientation.
New Hire Orientation/Training Class Starts : Monday, April 26th 2021 !
Phlebotomist Job Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends& holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors.
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Phlebotomist Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation
- Phlebotomy certification and or phlebotomy training is preferred
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift-up to 50 lbs.,occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction,as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250lbsin weightand with up to75-degreeangles).Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. Thisinvolvesloading/unloading ofvehicles,pushing carts up to 250lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
SCHEDULING: Red Cross collects blood during the week, on weekends and holidays. Red Cross provides work schedules 3+ weeks in advance, although changes may be necessary. Candidates must confirm availability for flexibility in schedulingApply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights