The American Red Cross is seeking a Technical Trainer to support the Gift Processing team.
The position is Work from Home. Can work from anywhere in the country, but prefer someone able to work east coast hours. Experience in fund raising a plus!
For those candidates located in Colorado and Connecticut, the salary range for this position is: $66,500-$88,700
Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The Technical Trainer organizes, prepares and/or conducts (moderately complex) training, curricula, and/or educational programs for the Gift Processing business unit. The Technical Trainer designs, develops, delivers and evaluates courses, programs, systems and services to support organizational technical training system needs and ensure effectiveness and compliance. May specialize in course delivery, instructional design, implementation, vendor selection and needs assessments.
Specific responsibilities: offer training on our in-house gift-processing system; capture data elements in the system.
1. Implements, operates, designs, administers and/or documents technical training programs, practices and procedures, ensuring continuous improvement and current industry standards.
2. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures. Complete quality assurance reviews to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered.
3. Contribute to the establishment of goals and objectives for assigned functional area instruction. Conduct assessments of training activities, employee progress and course and trainer effectiveness as applicable.
4. Typically develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness and conducts training needs assessments.
5. Develop courses and tests using a variety of instructional strategies and applications as applicable. May be involved in vendor selection.
6. Maintain competency to perform all activities in assigned functional area as applicable.
7. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years related technical experience required or in assigned functional area (fundraising) to include fully successful completion of most recent competency assessment, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities: Experience and education in instructional systems design or education may be required. Ability to work on a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to present information to groups of various sizes. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or applicable software applications.
Travel: possible minimal travel.
*LI-POSTApply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights