Global Science & Technology, Inc., a fast-growing high technology firm, is seeking Support Scientist to support NASA's NRESS program. The position is in Arlington/Crystal City, VA.
The Support Scientist will work directly with staff senior scientists and NASA program officers in end-to-end support of NASA solicitation and peer review cycles. The primary NASA customer will be the Space Technology Mission Directorate (http://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/programs). Applicants should familiarize themselves with the STMD programs prior to applying.
- Responsible for leading and performing support activities related to the development and administration of solicitations and peer review activities.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, performance, and results of the technical aspects of solicitation and peer review support during the life cycle of a task.
- Administers conflict of interest (COI) processes and procedures and assures that contract task activities and support comply with COI policies and practices.
- Advises NASA about panel operations, progress, technical results, and assures that panel proceedings comply with established NASA science or technical protocols and policies.
- Works in conjunction with NASA Program Staff and contract Senior Scientists to administer proposal review.
- Prepares solicitation documentation and proposal data in required formats.
- Helps organize panels and ad-hoc reviews; ensures that meeting logistics and IT needs are met.
- Monitors and reports to the Project Manager about the progress of activities relative to solicitation deadlines and is responsible for identifying and reporting to the Project Manager about significant slippages, delays, or impediments.
- Supports the Project Manager in developing and producing summary statistics and analytics, process improvements, and NASA work plan requirements.
- Master's degree or higher in engineering, mathematics, computer science, space science, and other related science disciplines pertinent to the NASA Space Technology Mission Directorate.
- Intermediate or better Microsoft Office and Windows OS skills.
- High degree of communication, organization and multitasking skills.
- Computer skills beyond MS Office and Windows (queries, Python or VBA coding, data analyses)
- Experience and/or interest in working with NASA
- Team player/good relationship with coworkers.
- Collaborates with others to capitalize on collective capabilities
- Committed to continual learning
- Self-motivated, diligent, and dependable
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
- Ability to use a computer.
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government background investigation.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status. GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.